Can I choose the contractor who repairs my property?
Yes. We suggest you seek out contractors with a proven reputation and track record in your area. To help ensure you choose a reliable contractor, we recommend the following steps:
- Get recommendations from friends, relatives and business associates
- Get references from contractors you interview and check those references
- Contact your local Better Business Bureau office or website for information on contractors you’re considering.
- Don’t sign a contract until you’ve reviewed it carefully and have agreed to payment terms
- Make sure the contractor has been doing business in your area for some time.