Important Things To Do After An Auto Loss
If you are involved in an auto accident, please tend to the safety of everyone involved first. Once it is safe to do so, there are some other actions you can take to help us process your auto claim.
- Seek medical attention if you are injured. There may be coverage available to you for this under your auto policy.
- Contact the local authorities. Obtain a police report if possible – even if the accident or damage is minor.
- Get details from all drivers and passengers involved. Count the total number of people in all vehicles involved in the accident and obtain their names, addresses, phone numbers and license numbers.
- Get the names, phone numbers and addresses of any witnesses present.
- If your vehicle is being towed, find out where. It’s important to get the phone number and location of the wrecker service that tows your vehicle or the repair facility that it’s taken to.
- Take photos at the scene if it is safe to do so. These can include:
- Damage to the vehicles involved
- Scene of accident
- Please keep your safety in mind when taking photos and don’t put yourself at risk!
- Report the claim by calling your local Kentucky Farm Bureau Agent’s office or by calling the after-hours claims reporting hotline.
Click here to read up on some of our most frequently asked claims questions.