We make insuring your boat a breeze. Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance covers everything from sailboats and ski boats to pontoons and fishing boats. We provide security and protection for you and your guests on inland waters of the 48 contiguous U.S. states, Alaska, and Canada (both on land and in the water). Our policies also cover the trailer and inboard or outboard motor, as well as attached accessories and equipment.
Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance insures all types of boats, including:
- Pontoon boats
- Fishing boats
- Ski boats
- Personal watercraft
Property protection coverage
- This coverage provides protection against direct and accidental loss to the described boat, motor, trailer and accessories.
Personal liability protection
- This coverage provides protection to the insured person who becomes legally obligated to pay damages for bodily injury or property damage.
Medical payments to others coverage
- This coverage pays reasonable medical expenses incurred by others subject to all policy provisions.
Uninsured watercraft coverage
- This coverage will pay damages for which the insured or a resident relative are legally entitled to recover from the owner or operator of an uninsured boat.
Ask your local Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance agent about our available discounts. All discounts are subject to eligibility.
Lay-up period discount
If you store your boat between the months of December and April, you may be eligible for a discount.
Water safety course discount
A credit is available if you successfully complete an approved safety course.
Experienced operator discount
An applicant for a new policy may qualify based on prior boating experience.
Coverage availability is subject to eligibility and other qualifications. Please consult your policy for actual contract coverage and exclusions.
Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance has been serving families of the Bluegrass since 1943. We are the largest property and casualty insurance company in Kentucky. We're located where our customers are — in each and every one of the 120 counties in the Commonwealth. Tired of dealing with a computer or answering service? We're hometown people ready to serve you on a personal basis.
Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance is rated A (excellent), one of the highest ratings awarded by the A.M. Best Company, the most respected name in insurance rating services. In addition, we are currently rated an A+ with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). BBB ratings are based on 13 trust-related factors, including fair and appropriate handling of any customer complaints filed with BBB, business stability as represented by numerous years of business, and compliance with BBB’s Standards of Trust.
Information that will help keep you and your loved ones safe and savvy – whether you’re on the road or in your old Kentucky home.
- Back to school: What should your child know about bus stop safety?
Is your little one going back to school or starting school for the very first time? Be sure to school them on proper bus stop etiquette!
- 5 tips for sharing the road with school buses
Children are 70 times more likely to get to school safely while on the school bus as opposed to riding in a car.