We’re big on building careers on solid Kentucky ground.
Looking for a stable career in the Bluegrass State? You’ve come to the right place. There’s comfort in knowing you work at the largest property and casualty insurance company based in Kentucky. With our State Office in Louisville, 15 regional claim offices, and agent offices in every county, we are over 650 employees strong. At Kentucky Farm Bureau, there are endless ways to unlock your career potential.
Join a company that’s built on dependability and commitment:
- Consistently ranked in market share as one of the top two insurance providers in Kentucky
- Never had a layoff, even during the pandemic
- Better Business Bureau rating = A+
- Average employee tenure is 10 years
- 650+ employees all across Kentucky
Explore our different departments to learn more about KFB career opportunities.
Product and Risk Management
Product and Risk Management is responsible for reviewing and underwriting Kentucky Farm Bureau’s property and casualty insurance and providing service to policyholders. Product and Risk Management is divided into five functional areas:
- Underwriting Administration underwrites all lines of business. This area also manages the incorporated KFB Insurance Agency, which brokers coverages for lines of insurance or individual risks that cannot be written in the Kentucky Farm Bureau companies.
- Agency Underwriting Support assists the agency force in maintaining a profitable book of business and in meeting goals by providing valuable information and facilitating the re-underwriting process.
- Underwriting Services is responsible for product development, enhancement and implementation, systems automation through project management, filings to the Department of Insurance, and resolving compliance issues.
- Policy Services provides customer service to insureds with timely information regarding changes in insurance coverage or billings. Other functions of Policy Services include Auto and All-lines Processing.
- Product Analysis and Research is responsible for the research and evaluation of the property/casualty insurance market and the insurance products that serve this market.
Legal Services provides legal counsel, support, and service to all departments within the company. Some of the other primary functions of Legal Services include overseeing and managing litigation which affects the company, assisting in maintenance of corporate records, and participating in legislative activities.
Compliance, as directed by the Office of Insurance and federal/state legislation, ensures the Company meets statutory and administrative requirements, including auditing the various departments of the company.
The Information Technology department is composed of four areas of responsibility:
- Computing and Network Services is responsible for IT infrastructure including: field IT support, mainframe systems, open systems (Windows server based platform), data/voice communications, IT security, the Help Center, and IT operations.
- eBusiness and Enterprise Architecture is responsible for designing and implementing internet websites, office automation support, and Enterprise Architecture of automated systems including testing, quality assurance, and data architecture.
- Business Application Delivery - Claims Administration and Financial Services is responsible for supporting the data processing needs of the Claims and Accounting business units.
- Business Application Delivery - Policy Administration is responsible for the system design, analysis, development, implementation, and ongoing production support of all policy-related applications.
Human Resources and Support Services
The Human Resources and Support Services department includes three areas:
- Human Resources implements employment policies for KFB and provides administration direction of compensation and benefits programs. In addition, Human Resources supports all departments in recruiting and placement, employee relations, performance management, payroll, and training and development.
- Project Services deals with KFB’s project management methods, processes and artifacts and provides assistance with business analysis.
- Support Services provides core support for all areas of the company, focusing on providing a high quality workplace. Support services work with all KFB Cafe operations, office space planning and design, mail services, fleet management and the State Office copy and print center.
Serving as the mouthpiece of the insurance company, the Communications staff is responsible for creating and distributing a broad range of messages to both internal and external audiences. This department oversees the company’s advertising and marketing campaigns, facilitates corporate sponsorships and promotions, produces content for KFB’s websites and other digital properties, offers graphic design support to other areas of the organization, and writes and designs the employee newsletter.
The team manages company-branded merchandise, marketing materials for agents, and pursues positive public and media relations opportunities with news outlets statewide. Through KFB Studios, the team also provides photography, video and post-production support for the company.
The mission of Claims is to fulfill the promise of the insurance products marketed by Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Companies and sold by our agents. Customer claims are interpreted and either settled or denied based on compliance with statutes, regulations, and case law. A position in the Claims department requires good public relations skills, diplomacy, and a deep understanding of KFB’s company policies and philosophy.
Agency Support and Marketing
A wide variety of insurance products are marketed to Farm Bureau members in Kentucky by our agents. Agents are independent contractors, not employees of Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Companies; however, they are supported by the employees of the Agency Support and Marketing Department. This department supports all 400+ agents stationed across the state and provides a variety of services including maintenance of records (both production and contractual), training, coaching and continued education, promotional contests and events, and communications.
Accounting and Finance
Accounting and Finance is composed of three functional areas of responsibilities:
- Actuarial is primarily responsible for our rating structures for each line of business, reviewing loss reserves, and maintaining our reinsurance programs.
- General Accounting records all receipts and disbursements of the company and collects/processes premium payments.
- Finance is responsible for the investment of company funds and monitors the company’s cash flow on a day-to-day basis.