Kentucky Farm Bureau’s Bluegrass & Backroads nominated for five Emmy® AwardsPosted on Jun 8, 2015
- Episode #1101: Tim Hall – follow the story of this talented artist from Ravenna, KY, as he takes ordinary pieces of wood and skillfully sculpts them into highly-detailed birds and flowers
- Episode #1103: Bill Kolok – inanimate blocks of stone come to life as this artist from Owensboro, KY, offers a behind-the-scenes look at the life and work of a stone sculptor
- Episode #1104: Mark Eubank – this dulcimer craftsman from Eubank, KY, explains how he began his journey creating musical instruments that are also beautiful works of art
- Episode #1106: Keith Chambers – time stands still in this segment as the owner of Woodwerks Clocks in Lexington, KY, creates handmade, wooden clocks
- Episode #1106: Cellar Door Chocolates – Erika Chavez-Graziano explains how she took a passion for cooking and baking to the next level, pursuing a new career crafting gourmet chocolates in Louisville, KY
Shrader and Matt Hilton, who make up Kentucky Farm Bureau’s two-man video production team, are responsible for writing, filming, interviewing, hosting, directing and editing each show. The duo is now busy filming the 12th season of Bluegrass & Backroads.
“Producing a show like Bluegrass & Backroads has given me a deeper appreciation for this state and its people,” said Hilton. “My goal with each segment we produce is to highlight just how special that heritage is.”
The Ohio Valley Chapter of NATAS will unveil all the official winners of the coveted Emmy® Awards on July 25th during a black-tie event held at Keenland in Lexington.
Including this year’s nomination, Bluegrass & Backroads has now been nominated for a total of 13 Emmy® Awards over the show’s history, and has won the prestigious award three times.
Bluegrass & Backroads is a weekly program aired on Kentucky Educational Television’s (KET) family of channels and several other network stations statewide. It is additionally seen nationally on RFD-TV through Dish Network, DirecTV and several major cable outlets. For a complete list of the stations and schedule on which Bluegrass & Backroads airs, or to view the show’s Emmy®-winning segments and other episodes streaming online, visit bluegrassandbackroads.com.
“Like” and “Follow” Bluegrass & Backroads at:
Tagged Post Topics Include: 51st Annual Ohio Valley Regional Emmy Awards, Agriculture, Artisan Chocolatier, Award, Best Magazine, Bill Kolok, Bluegrass & Backroads, Bob Shrader, Category, Cellar Door Chocolates, Clockmaker, Culture, Directing, Dulcimer Craftsman, Emmy Awards, Episode, Erika Chaves-Graziano, Eubank, Feature, Filming, Hosting, Keenland, Keith Chambers, Kentucky, Kentucky Farm Bureau, KET, KY, KYFB, Lexington, Louisville, Mark Eubank, Matt Hilton, NATAS, Nominated, Nominees, on Kentucky Educational Television, Online, Owensboro, Ravenna, RFD-TV, Segment, Show, State, Stations, Stone Sculptor, Streaming, Television Program, The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, The Ohio Valley Chapter of NATAS, Tim Hall, Video Production Coordinator, Wood Sculptor