Spencer County Farm Bureau Now Accepting College Scholarship Applications for the 2018-2019 School Year
Spencer County Farm Bureau will award the following college scholarships for the 2018-2019 school term.
- A $2000 scholarship to a high school senior pursuing a degree at a college/university.
- A $2000 scholarship to a high school senior attending a vocational/technical institute.
- A $2000 scholarship to a student currently attending a college/university or a vocational/technical institute.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- be the child of a Spencer County Farm Bureau member family. Family must have been a member during the previous year in 2017, a current member in 2018 and remain such while the scholarship is in force.
- be a current resident of Spencer County.
- for the current college/university or vocational/technical institute scholarship, the student must be currently enrolled in a college/university or a vocational/technical institute.
Applications must be postmarked no later than March 30,
Click here to download an application.
- Statement from Kentucky Farm Bureau President Mark Haney on Defense of Environment and Property Act of 2021
- July 29, 2021
“We offer our thanks to Senator Rand Paul for introducing the Defense of Environment and Property Act of 2021 as we look forward to the clarity such legislation would bring to the Waters of the U.S. issue."
- Finalists Named for 2021 Outstanding Young Farm Family Award
- July 26, 2021
Three finalists have been named for the 2021 KFB OYFF honor, in recognition of their achievements as part of the farming community. This year’s finalists are Jonathan and Jessica Gaskins of Adair County, Mark and Wesley Thomas of Hardin County, and Daniel and Kristan Wright of Jefferson County. The winner will be announced at the Kentucky Farm Bureau Annual Meeting later this year.
- Agricultural Exemption Number Required for Tax Exempt On-farm Purchases
- July 25, 2021
Effective January 1, 2022, KRS 139.481 requires that farmers have an Agriculture Exemption Number for use on Forms 51A158 and 51A159 to make purchases exempt from sales tax.