Shelby County Farm Bureau is Now Accepting College Scholarship Applications
A scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded annually to a student who is currently enrolled in a college/university. The recipient must be a member of Shelby County Farm Bureau.
- To be eligible for the county scholarships listed below, the applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be a member of the county Farm Bureau sponsoring the scholarship and remain such, while the scholarship is in force.
- The following individuals and their immediate family members are not eligible to apply: Kentucky Farm Bureau Agency Managers, Agents, County Secretaries and CSRs, District and State Farm Bureau Employees, members of the Kentucky Farm Bureau Board of Directors, State Young Farmer and Women’s Advisory Committees.
- Dropping out of school, except for serious illness or injury, shall cause the recipient to lose the scholarship. The remaining award will then go to the first alternate.
- Recipient must be a full-time student each semester unless an exception is requested in writing and approved. Winner is required to annually furnish a transcript before additional monies are sent to their college.
- Student must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 after each semester or forfeit the award.
- The awards committee will make the final determination on all cases concerning the interpretation of these rules. All applications become the property of the Kentucky Farm Bureau Education Foundation and will not be returned.
Click here to download a scholarship application.
- KFB Wins Awards of Excellence from American Farm Bureau
- January 24, 2020
Kentucky Farm Bureau took home several organizational awards presented at this year’s American Farm Bureau Federation’s (AFBF) 101st annual convention. Each year state Farm Bureaus are presented awards in different categories related to programs and initiatives.
- Kirby Green of Daviess County Wins American Farm Bureau Federation's Excellence in Agriculture Award
- January 20, 2020
Daviess County’s Kirby Green won the American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) Young Farmers & Ranchers “Excellence in Agriculture Award” against strong competition from around the country during the 2020 AFBF Annual Convention.
- Vicki Bryant named to AFBF Women's Leadership Committee
- January 20, 2020
Monroe County Farm Bureau member Vickie Bryant has been elected to the American Farm Bureau Federation’s (AFBF) Women’s Leadership Committee. The announcement came at the AFBF Annual Meeting being held in Austin, Texas.