Lawrence County Farm Bureau is Now Accepting College Scholarship Applications for the 2018-2019 Term
Lawrence County Farm Bureau will offer five college scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Three $2000 scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year
- One $1000 scholarship for the Fall 2018 semester
- One $1000 scholarship for the Spring 2019 semeter
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be the child·or grandchild of a Lawrence County Farm Bureau Member Family. Family must have been a member during the previous year, 2017, a current member in 2018, and remain such while the scholarship is in force.
- Students must currently be a high school senior and graduate high school within the year they apply for the scholarship.
- Priority will be given to students with an interest in pursuing a career in agriculture.
- Child and grandchildren of Farm Bureau Board Members or Farm Bureau Employees are not eligible.
For more information and to download a scholarship application, click here.
- Statement from Kentucky Farm Bureau President Mark Haney on Defense of Environment and Property Act of 2021
- July 29, 2021
“We offer our thanks to Senator Rand Paul for introducing the Defense of Environment and Property Act of 2021 as we look forward to the clarity such legislation would bring to the Waters of the U.S. issue."
- Finalists Named for 2021 Outstanding Young Farm Family Award
- July 26, 2021
Three finalists have been named for the 2021 KFB OYFF honor, in recognition of their achievements as part of the farming community. This year’s finalists are Jonathan and Jessica Gaskins of Adair County, Mark and Wesley Thomas of Hardin County, and Daniel and Kristan Wright of Jefferson County. The winner will be announced at the Kentucky Farm Bureau Annual Meeting later this year.
- Agricultural Exemption Number Required for Tax Exempt On-farm Purchases
- July 25, 2021
Effective January 1, 2022, KRS 139.481 requires that farmers have an Agriculture Exemption Number for use on Forms 51A158 and 51A159 to make purchases exempt from sales tax.