Lawrence County Farm Bureau is Now Accepting College Scholarship Applications for the 2018-2019 Term
Lawrence County Farm Bureau will offer five college scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Three $2000 scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year
- One $1000 scholarship for the Fall 2018 semester
- One $1000 scholarship for the Spring 2019 semeter
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be the child·or grandchild of a Lawrence County Farm Bureau Member Family. Family must have been a member during the previous year, 2017, a current member in 2018, and remain such while the scholarship is in force.
- Students must currently be a high school senior and graduate high school within the year they apply for the scholarship.
- Priority will be given to students with an interest in pursuing a career in agriculture.
- Child and grandchildren of Farm Bureau Board Members or Farm Bureau Employees are not eligible.
For more information and to download a scholarship application, click here.
- Presidents Column | Coming Together To Help
- August 12, 2022
Anyone who has ever planted that first seed of a crop knows, as dedicated farm families, we are always at the mercy of Mother Nature.
- Comment Column with Eddie Melton | Toward a More Complete Solution
- August 12, 2022
Whether it is the use of GPS to map fields or check soil conditions, the advanced yield monitoring equipment that tells us valuable crop yield information in real-time, or even the weather radar access we have to watch changing conditions directly from the field.
- Down the Backroads | Perhaps There's Hope After All
- August 10, 2022
I have tried to be an optimistic person most of my life even when challenging times are present and the world seems to be disconnected.