Lawrence County Farm Bureau is Now Accepting College Scholarship Applications for the 2018-2019 Term
Lawrence County Farm Bureau will offer five college scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Three $2000 scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year
- One $1000 scholarship for the Fall 2018 semester
- One $1000 scholarship for the Spring 2019 semeter
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be the child·or grandchild of a Lawrence County Farm Bureau Member Family. Family must have been a member during the previous year, 2017, a current member in 2018, and remain such while the scholarship is in force.
- Students must currently be a high school senior and graduate high school within the year they apply for the scholarship.
- Priority will be given to students with an interest in pursuing a career in agriculture.
- Child and grandchildren of Farm Bureau Board Members or Farm Bureau Employees are not eligible.
For more information and to download a scholarship application, click here.
- Kentucky Art Contest Increases Pollinator Awareness
- January 18, 2021
Agriculture Commissioner Dr. Ryan Quarles invites Kentucky’s youth to participate in the Kentucky Pollinator Stakeholders Art Contest. The contest is designed to educate the public on the benefits of pollinators and encourage behaviors that promote pollinator habitats across Kentucky.
- Kentucky Family Wins Top Honor from American Farm Bureau Federation
- January 13, 2021
Caleb and Leanne Ragland of LaRue County won a top honor during the American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) virtual convention today, being named winners of the Young Farmers & Ranchers “Achievement Award.”