Lawrence County Farm Bureau is Now Accepting College Scholarship Applications for the 2018-2019 Term
Lawrence County Farm Bureau will offer five college scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Three $2000 scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year
- One $1000 scholarship for the Fall 2018 semester
- One $1000 scholarship for the Spring 2019 semeter
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be the child·or grandchild of a Lawrence County Farm Bureau Member Family. Family must have been a member during the previous year, 2017, a current member in 2018, and remain such while the scholarship is in force.
- Students must currently be a high school senior and graduate high school within the year they apply for the scholarship.
- Priority will be given to students with an interest in pursuing a career in agriculture.
- Child and grandchildren of Farm Bureau Board Members or Farm Bureau Employees are not eligible.
For more information and to download a scholarship application, click here.
- Finalists Named for the 2018 Outstanding Young Farm Family Award
- November 7, 2018
Three finalists have been named for the 2018 Kentucky Farm Bureau OYFF honor, in recognition of their achievements as part of the farming community. The finalists are Nicholas and Bethany Hardesty of Meade County, Wesley and Alicia Logsdon of Pulaski County, and Drew and Liz White of Union County. The winner will be announced at the Kentucky Farm Bureau Annual Meeting at the end of November.
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Hosts 2019 Legislative Preview Meeting
- November 7, 2018
Kentucky Farm Bureau (KFB) leaders and commodity executives from across the state gathered for a legislative preview meeting on November 7, 2018 at the KFB headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky. The group of more than 30 individuals representing agriculture commodity groups came together to discuss several ag-related topics and the many legislative needs and concerns of farmers and rural communities throughout the Commonwealth.
- Farm Bureau Hurricane Relief Funds
- October 18, 2018
Large parts of the South were devastated by the wind, rain and floods of Hurricanes Florence and Michael. Learn more about how you can help farmers in need.