Lawrence County Farm Bureau is Now Accepting College Scholarship Applications for the 2018-2019 Term
Lawrence County Farm Bureau will offer five college scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Three $2000 scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year
- One $1000 scholarship for the Fall 2018 semester
- One $1000 scholarship for the Spring 2019 semeter
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be the child·or grandchild of a Lawrence County Farm Bureau Member Family. Family must have been a member during the previous year, 2017, a current member in 2018, and remain such while the scholarship is in force.
- Students must currently be a high school senior and graduate high school within the year they apply for the scholarship.
- Priority will be given to students with an interest in pursuing a career in agriculture.
- Child and grandchildren of Farm Bureau Board Members or Farm Bureau Employees are not eligible.
For more information and to download a scholarship application, click here.
- May 17, 2019 - Statement From Kentucky Farm Bureau President Mark Haney on Trade and Tariffs
- May 17, 2019
In addition to being resourceful, hard-working and persistent, our nation’s farmers have been very patient. We have endured continued drops in net farm income, a host of natural disasters, and some of the most volatile commodity markets experienced in decades.
- Down the Backroads: Teachers Make Such a Difference in Our Lives
- May 9, 2019
I’m not sure if this is an age thing or not, but it seems to me that the older I get the more I reflect on the past, taking in all the moments and memories that have guided me to where I am today as a person, a husband, a father, a soon-to-be grandfather, and a communicator.
- Forestry Industry Provides Value-Added Opportunities
- May 9, 2019
When thinking of Kentucky agriculture, many crops could come to mind including corn, soybeans, wheat, and tobacco, to name a few. But timber may not often be thought of as a crop.