The purpose of the Variety Showcase is to recognize winners of the district variety contests and to give winners an opportunity to gain valuable experience performing before audiences. Contestants must...
- Be 9 years old at the time of the county contest, but not have reached 19 years old, by January 1st of the following year;
- Be a member of Kentucky Farm Bureau and represent the county in which the parent/guardian has their membership (for group acts, 50% of the group members must meet this requirement);
- Submit an application to the county Farm Bureau women's chair by the deadline;
- Represent the district at the state variety showcase at the Kentucky Farm Bureau Annual Meeting, in Louisville, if selected as a district winner.
District variety contests are held in conjunction with the Outstanding Farm Bureau Youth competition. The variety act may be in any performance area: vocal, instrumental, dance or drama. An act can represent the district only one year at the state variety showcase.
Variety Showcase Prizes
- County/District Awards - Prizes awarded at the discretion of the county/district.
- State Awards - All 11 district acts perform at the KFB State Annual Meeting. Each act is awarded $250 at the conclusion of the program.