How KFB Insurance is responding to Coronavirus concerns
Amid ongoing concerns about the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) locally, we want to assure our members that we will continue providing exceptional customer service while also keeping your health top of mind.
At Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance, the safety and wellbeing of Kentuckians is always our top priority. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures to support our members and communities as needs arise.
What you can do:
- We encourage any customers who wish to do business virtually to leverage our 24/7 online member portal at my.kyfb.com, where you can instantly access your account, pay a bill, submit a claim, and much more.
- You may also contact our friendly customer service team at 1-800-206-6887. This number is fully staffed between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 8 a.m. to noon on Fridays.
- The Centers for Disease Control recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases. Visit their website for the latest information on COVID-19.
What we're doing:
- At this time, our State Office in Louisville and 15 Regional Offices across the state remain open. We are committed to continuing to provide unparalleled customer service to our members.
- We’re taking proactive steps to ensure the continued health and safety of our employees so that we can continue to serve members. We will continue to evaluate additional measures as needed. Our staff is receiving updates from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) multiple times a day, and other professional organizations are providing us with best practices for caring for employees through the Coronavirus’ impact.