How KFB Insurance is responding to coronavirus concerns
Amid ongoing concerns about the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) locally, we want to assure our members that we will continue providing exceptional customer service while also keeping your health top of mind.
- KFB Insurance is proud to have supported our financially strained members at the onset of the coronavirus crisis by temporarily suspending insurance policy cancellations that resulted from non-payment of premium. Beginning June 1, we will resume our normal billing process and if payment is not received by the due date on your bill, your policy will cancel for non-payment of premium. Please note that if you are unable to pay the full amount due on your next bill, you should contact your local agent to discuss payment options.
- KFB Insurance is returning a total of $21 million in dividends to its automobile policyholders. This will come in the form of a $25 dividend check for each motor vehicle insured by the company as of April 30, 2020. No action is required by our policyholders. Checks will be printed and mailed directly to members throughout May 2020. Customers are also receiving auto premium rate reductions in 2020 valued at $32 million, providing members with a total of $53 million in auto insurance relief this year. Click here to learn more.
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company and the Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Foundation donated a total of $500,000 as part of Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles’ Kentucky Hunger Initiative. Click here to learn more.
At Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance, the safety and wellbeing of Kentuckians is always our top priority. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures to support our members and communities as needs arise.
What you can do:
- We encourage any customers who wish to do business virtually to leverage our 24/7 online member portal at my.kyfb.com, where you can instantly access your account, pay a bill, submit a claim, and much more.
- You may also contact our friendly customer service team at 1-800-206-6887. This number is fully staffed between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 8 a.m. to noon on Fridays.
- The Centers for Disease Control recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases. Visit their website for the latest information on COVID-19.
What we're doing:
- At this time, our State Office in Louisville and 15 Regional Offices across the state remain open. We are committed to continuing to provide unparalleled customer service to our members.
- We’re taking proactive steps to ensure the continued health and safety of our employees so that we can continue to serve members. Based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), all employees who are able to are working from home until further notice. Many local agencies and regional offices have adopted reduced hours and are operating under the CDC's social distancing guidelines.