John C. Hendricks Beef Tour Young Producer Program
A tour grant will be awarded to selected young beef cattle producers who are interested in furthering their knowledge of the beef cattle industry and participating in the John C. Hendricks Beef Tour sponsored by Kentucky Farm Bureau Federation.
- Applicant must be a Kentucky Farm Bureau member
- Must be between the ages of 18-35 years old
- Must be actively engaged in beef cattle production
- A deposit of $100 is required with each application, which will be refunded to applicants not selected.
- Applicants must include the following with the application: an explanation of their farm operation and agricultural background; an essay (300 words or less) describing their interest in attending the beef tour; and two letters of recommendation. One recommendation must be from the County Farm Bureau President.
- Tour grants will be based on double occupancy rates. Grant recipients who request single occupancy will be billed the difference between these two rates
- Prior recipients of the John C. Hendricks Beef Tour Young Producer Program are ineligible for receiving future incentive funds
- In the event a recipient cannot attend the tour, incentive funds will be awarded to an alternate applicant
- Judging will be conducted after the application deadline and selected recipients will be notified via mail.
Information on the 2017 John C. Hendricks Beef Tour Young Producer Program will be available in early 2017. Check back for details.