Outstanding Farm Bureau Youth
The purpose of the Outstanding Farm Bureau Youth Contest is to promote youth involvement in county Farm Bureau activities and to recognize leadership, achievements and awards in their schools and communities.
- Must be 15 years old at the time of the county contest, but not have reached 19 years old, by January 1 of the following year;
- Be a member of Kentucky Farm Bureau and represent the county in which the parent/guardian has their membership;
- Submit a contest application, along with a certified copy of school grades for the past two years and a listing of extra-curricular activities, to the women's chair of his/her county Farm Bureau by the deadline;
- Represent the county at the district contest held between October and November annually;
- Represent his/her district at the state competition at the Kentucky Farm Bureau State Annual Meeting in Louisville in early December, if selected as one of the 11 district finalists (male and female).
There are two areas of competition:
- Personal interview
- 2-minute prepared speech related to agriculture or Farm Bureau
Contestants will be judged by three people with backgrounds in youth work and/or agriculture.
- County/District Awards - Prizes awarded in varying amounts.
- District Awards - Outstanding Farm Bureau Youth Winners - $100*
- State Awards-All state contestants will receive a 26" wheeled duffel bag
*Participation in the state contest is a requirement to be awarded this prize.
- $2,000 scholarship
- Trip to Washington, DC on the Congressional Tour in February
- Digital Cameras